Re: Maintenance list Questions

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 02:20:44 EDT

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:06:14 -0400, Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com ("Mallett,
Donald B") wrote:
>I use the Blue RTV stuff and no leaks on the rear (changed it twice) and no
>leaks on the tranny pan either.
>
>I would like to put one of the drain plugs in the rear diff cover or buy one
>that has it in it already. Or would I still need to remove the cover for
>some reason?

To me, the advantage of drain plugs would be to eliminate the "fluid
spilling everywhere" part of removing the cover (or pan in the case of
the tranny). I'd probably still remove the diff cover to make sure
that all (or at least as much as possible) of the old fluid was
removed and that there was no other visible damage to the
differential.

-Bill