1999 5.2 Oil Pan Removal

From: dametalr (dametalr@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 04:43:52 EDT

So....has anybody here had any luck removing the oil pan on their 5.2 or 5.9
engines while in the truck? Mine just wont clear the trans bell housing in
spite of raising the engine. Any ideas???.....Tomorrow I cut it up into
itty bitty pieces and make my own! Come to think of it the 'ol plasma
cutter outta do nicely on shaving the crossmenber too! You guys can
probably tell where I'm at on this one ....the end of my rope. I have this
thing where when it takes longer to remove the part than modify it
......theres a major problem.
Thanks
Ken