Re: OT: 1997 Pontiac Sunfire owner's manual

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 10:36:36 EDT

Hi Jon
     I had a Pontiac Sun(bird) in ''78 and '86 model years, both ordered new
and for which I had factory svs manuals. A postcard in the back of the
Owner's Manual was the means of ordering them. The firm that GM used for years to
produce their svs manuals (and probably the owner's man too) had a Michigan
address. I should think any Pontiac dealer's parts dept should have a reference
to that supplier and if not the service dept mgr can pull their copy and get
you the address therefrom. The Cavalier/Sunfire carline has always been
heavily criticized by the automotive press probably because the competition in this
carline is so intense from Asian and European makes. If you live in a winter
rocksalt area be aware of their tendancy for rapid body rusting. Both of my
Sunbirds gave long and trouble free service and the annual gas mileage was in
the middle 30's. Both would get 38-40 on trips.

Paul Sahlin