Re: Re: Viper Fan Blows Relays

From: TJG (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 02:20:02 EDT

To get a 95 amp surge through the motor itself, you would have to have a
huge increase in DC voltage to drive that much current, more than the
alternator is probably capable of producing. What the fuse is mainly there
for is to protect from fire incase of a short to ground in the motor
windings, or say if your b+ to the leads of the motor get rubbed the wrong
way and touch the chassis.... either one will for sure draw more than the
100A fuse, if its a good solid short and not just one single strand that
would just melt.... blah, blah.... anyway, 100A is just fine, better of
course than no fuse at all.

TJ