Re: Re: Drop Shocks????????????

From: Brian Fitchett (fitchett@chem.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 13:06:12 EDT

Alrighty... I have figured out the problem with my shocks... Apparently when
i had it lowered (big SNAFU, in hindsight) the shocks put on were for a
stock height truck seeing as how they were the same length as the
replacements i just got. well since it all doesnt fit right unless you
compress the shock a little bit as Josh has eluded to, the yahoos who put
them on decided to leave out the lower rubber bushings on the top side (make
and sense to anyone else?), so when going down the road there is no tension
AT ALL on the shocks. Sitting in my driveway it just wobbles back and forth
from the top mounting position. so maybe the shocks werent bad, just
installed all F-ed up. i got one on last night and will do the other
tonight, that nut on the top is a serious pain in the ass to get off, so i
am going to get a nut splitter this afternoon and hopefully that will take
care of it this time!

Brian