URGENT: V8 Throttle Body put on V6 - NO POWER SHIFTING?

Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 17:57:38 EDT

Happy 4th!!! Help celebrate America by blowing a little piece of it up!
:-)

Hi all. I am at my brothers this weekend putting on the ported V8 Throttle
Body on my V6 and need help. I have the new TB installed, with the gasket
and V8 cable (not the S screw yet) and a homemade K&N air filter. I need
help to determine why I can't get it to shift gears. I have a three hour
drive to get home Sunday and hope to fix it by then. I don't want to have
to take it back off.

After breaking it in, I floor it and it runs strong, but it doesn't shift
properly. If I'm driving normally, it shifts fine.

I used the Trottle Body bracket from the V8 model and not the V6. The TB
cable has no slack. It closes on idle and opens vertically when I mash the
pedal.

I have the TB cable hooked into the inside snap clip and the other one
coming from the back on the outside snap clip.

What can I check?

Thanks!

Chris Reck.

99 Sport V6 4x4