tweaking the 390 stroker

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 18:53:25 EDT

Hey all,

just got back from hiking in the Grand Tetons and got my truck back from the
frame shop (all is straight now) However I do have a bit of a throttle
response prob and was wondering if anyone might have any tips. The problem is that
the engine has a slight "bog" when you hit the gas. It only hesitates for a
second then the revs up, unfortunately it also backfires through the intake pretty
badly until its warmed up. I was thinking it might be a fuel mixture that is
too lean but am not sure the best way to verify that or what the proper
solution is. If I am running lean would the solution be to run a higher pressure
fuel pump, or bigger injectors, or is there a device that will allow me to adjust
the mixture? also could the prob be related to the m1 manifold and 1000cfm TB
just being too much for air for the lower rpm's.
Anyway my setup is as follows

390 stroker 9.55:1 comp
hughes stage 3 billet tb
m1 2bbl intake