spray in Bedliner in Maryland area

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 08:19:33 EDT

Andy,
 I'm sorry if I upset you with my post on spray in Bedliners. We on the
DML accept when members try to do things that can help other members at
a substantial cost savings, so I do not believe my post to be spam, as
you stated. In addition to this, then every F&B throttle body, every
Speedtweaks sale, etc. and related posting should be labeled spam.
Other people that never responded to my first posting have sent me
inquiries, so I believe there is a benefit to the list from me sending
my message. But, again, if I offended you, please accept my apologies,
and delete the message if you are not on digest.
 To answer other questions that you had:

> I was not offered a UV coating on my Line-X installation and I have
> yet to see any unbiased source indicating that it will fade.

 Line-X's color may be UV stable, but the aromatic polyurethane that the
bedliner is spray from is not. I cannot make a statement about their
color until I find out what material the color is made of.

> What's the wait time on getting the paint code matched?

None. Why would there be a wait time?

> The tailgate "cap" was included in the price of my Line-X.

Absolutely, and the price was probably higher. I cant help people in
pricing unless I give them options and ways to save money. So, if you
dont want it done, you dont pay anything. How much would Line-X knock
off your price if you didnt have the top of the tailgate sprayed?

> An order form...on a mailing list...asking that it be passed on to
> others...yeesh this feels like SPAM, especially since 75% of the
> membership can't even use it as it's a localized service (can't
> exactly mail-order this

 There was no order form. I included a possible option list so that I
could work on firming up quotations and pricing, and to determine what
options people might be interested in. As I stated before, this is a
copy of what was sent to everyone that had expressed earlier interest.
You know Andy, I have no interest in the Chicago area meet, but you
arent complaining about people posting that, even though 75% cant attend
since it is a localized meet. I dont know why you have such a big
problem all of a sudden, but I am willing to discuss them privately off
the list if you would like.
 Thanks,
Patrick