Re: Help! Dead Dakota

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 11:00:58 EDT

At 05:30 PM 7/6/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I must say that this is kind of frustrating. It will take me about 50-60
>dollars to have this towed to the shop about 2 miles down the street should
>I choose to do so. If the SMEC is 300 dollars, I just might do that since
>it is cheaper to tow than to buy something that I don't need. Funny thing
>is though if I do need it, I have just added the cost of towing and labor.

I think Chrysler built the ballast resistor into the computer so if that part
of the pcm went bad (for whatever reason) you wouldn't be able to start
the truck. No one that you know nearby that you can try his/her OBD-1
3.9L pcm to rule it in or out as the culprit? It doesn't have to be the right
year or one to suit your tranny. It just has to start it or not.

Bob