Re: SuperLiner spray in Bedliners in Maryland area

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 16:21:22 EDT

Andy, I have to respectfully disagree with you. I too am too far away from them to make this a practical thing for me ( I already have a liner) but I am 100% for supporting a list member that is #1 giving DML listers a discount, and #2 not whining about someone else. Especially since the price he quoted was just over half what I paid for mine 2 years ago. Maybe we can talk Patrick into driving his mobile spraying rig up to a DMLBBQ? This one would be a bit short notice, but if we could guarantee him 2-3 trucks, that might be worth his while to come, ant we would have the side benefit of being able to get little things done during the process.... Would THAT qualify as "not" spam?

>>> andy-dml@levyclan.us 07/04/03 09:58AM >>>

Patrick and Kelly Engram wrote:

> Hey guys! I just wanted to let everyone know that my dealership was
> approved by SuperLiner and I will begin installing spray in bedliners
> next week. I am sending an e-mail to each of you because you showed an
> interest from the DML about having one installed in your truck at
> special introductory pricing. I am also sending this to the DML in case
> any other members missed my earlier postings.

Please. IMHO this is *bodering on* SPAM.

> -Here is the company website if you want more info on the product or you
> want to check out graphics (cool stuff!)
> http://www.bedliner.com/
> -This alaphatic polyurethane is uv stable and does not require a UV
> topcoat like RhinoLiner or Line-X, which automatically saves you $50
> that they charge you to topcoat their liner, which also must be
> re-applied every few years. What is the difference? They use aromatic
> polyurethane, not alaphatic, and aromatic is not uv stable.

I cannot find any documenation that supports this. The opposite, in
fact, at least for colored Line-X -
http://www.goline-x.com/text/color.html. I was not offered a UV coating
on my Line-X installation and I have yet to see any unbiased source
indicating that it will fade.

> -The liner can be tinted any color or can color match your paint code.
What's the wait time on getting the paint code matched?

> -Options such as over the rail, top of the tailgate, mudflaps, door
> entries, rocker panels, toolboxes, running boards, brush guards, you
> name it I can spray it!
The tailgate "cap" was included in the price of my Line-X.

> Please take a minute and respond to let me know if you are no longer
> interested, or you are interested, and forward this on to your friends
> if they might be interested.
<snip>An order form...on a mailing list...asking that it be passed on to
others...yeesh this feels like SPAM, especially since 75% of the
membership can't even use it as it's a localized service (can't exactly
mail-order this).

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------