Re: Sub boxes

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 19:53:20 EDT

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:04:18 -0500, BARRY OLIVER <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us>
wrote:

> Trying to decide between Qlogic and MTX thunderforms for my 99CC.
> Anybody have either of them? My requirements(in order): #1 no/ little
> loss of space in the back [I am not as worried about keeping the seats,
> just I need the storage space...], #2 Add subs to truck, #3 Retain tool
> storage capability. #4 Look Stock (not flashy) #5 Have amp enclosed and
> protected by the box.

I have the QLogic box but I havnt installed it yet. Still waiting for my
amp. I popped that little tray in to see what the seats were like raised
up. Seemed to be actually a little more comfortable. Don't count on getting
the amp in that tray though. Not a whole lot of room in there. You do loose
the storage capacity on the sub side. I plan on shoving the amp under the
passenger seat. Both the MTX and Qlogic retain the seats. If you don't care
about those, forget about buying the Qlogic of MTX. Just fabricate
something. It will be a hell of alot cheaper.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile