Re: What's my next step (long BAD MECHANIC story)

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 21:01:50 EDT

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:47:22 -0400, MAGNUM S/T <khoegen@charter.net> wrote:

> Here's my story:
>
> Went to get my Dak MA State inspection at a local garage. They failed it
> due
> to bad inner tie rods. Within the next week, I brought the Dak to a
> Firestone shop to get an all points vehicle inpsection to see if the Dak
> had
> any OTHER problems...and to verify the state inspection findings. The
> result
> is that Firestone said the same....bad inner tie rods, but everthing else
> good.
>
> I made an appointement to get the work done by the shop who failed the
> Dak
> in the first place (about 2 weeks after the initial inspection). I
> dropped
> it off at night so they could do the work the following day. They called
> me
> the same day and said they found that I also needed upper and lower ball
> joints on the right side! I explainined that this was not the intial
> diagnosis and that Firestone didn't find the issue either. Needless to
> say,
> I caved...thinking replacing the ball-joints isnt' such a bad idea
> anyway...plus they refused to pass the Dak for inspection without doing
> them
> also! Now for the extra....they can't fix it when the said they could
> because it will be an all day job.....so I left the 'unsafe' Dak with
> them
> for the following week (instead of driving it around).
>
> Now it's the following week...I get a call to say that while the Dak was
> being aligned, somehow the Rack-n-pinion boot got damaged resulteding in
> leak. Diagnosis.......they need to replace the entire rack. NOW, this is
> assumed to be NOT MY COST, since it happened while they had my vehicle.
> Fact
> remains, they have my dake for 1.5 weeks and it is still broken, and now
> with something new. They got me by the balls since if I head down there
> and
> take the Dak from them they can claim the damage was somehow done by
> me...and the damn thing is still not inpected.
>
> I need advice! I need my truck as of next monday or I'll need a rental to
> get to and from work! This is in Massachusetts...I want to make sure I
> cover
> my ass and not make a wrong move. I can take SH*t and say I'll take them
> court on this, but realistically...I still need a vehicle...and court
> aint
> gonna solve anything SOON. Anyway I can put a fire under thier as%es to
> get
> this moving. Can I get the state involved?

I'd say as far as complaints use the Better Business Bureau or try you
rlocal TV station. I would also yank that truck out of their shop. It seems
to me they are fucking you hardcore. Bring it to someone else and just eat
whatever the costs are if the infact broke something. I would think after
all that BS they have givin' you so far, they'll pull more on you. At the
very least, drop by there unannounced and ask to see the damage. And if you
do leave it there for them to fix, make sure they aren't going to charge
you.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile