Re: Saw three new F-150s yesterday

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 01:04:56 EDT

Dave Downing wrote:
> On our way out here to Williamsburg, I passed three new F-150s, all with
> factory tags on them (is Ford's factory in Virginia?). They were all three
> configured differently, one was the FX4 offroad package, I think one was a
> Sport, not sure what model the third was. But I have to say, they actually
> looked pretty sharp, much better lines then the jellybean style of the
> current F-150s.

Ford owners are apparently wussies... Check out this feature of the new
F-150's:

Tailgate Assist
All the boxes incorporate Tailgate Assist, a feature that helps reduce
opening and closing efforts. The feature uses a torsion bar that twists
with the tailgate as it is lowered and raised, absorbing some of the
weight. In essence, it helps makes the tailgate feel “lighter” without
sacrificing the strength of steel.

"Oh no, I can't lift my tailgate because I'm a little princess, someone,
save me!"

What does a tailgate weigh? Maybe 50 or 60 pounds? Jeez...