Re: leaking transfer case

From: Jeffery B. Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 20:05:10 EDT

Mike -- As I've recently learned, the output shaft seal on 44RE transmissions (4spd atx) have a
habit of springing leaks (I paid $300 to get it fixed, including flush and filters). Mine began
leaking at about 39K mi.; the fluid appeared on the TC. I put up with it dripping for a couple
of months before getting it fixed -- all the while watching trans fluid level closely.

Jef