Re: Viper fan wiring?

From: Moody, Scott J (scott.moody@us.army.mil)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 09:21:53 EDT

>>and a question that I never saw asked or answered in this thread is why
>>I'd want the fan out of a viper instead of something from flex-a-lite?

Testing has shown that FAL and many manufacturers typically inflate their
advertised cfm ratings. Spal and Derale are the only two aftermarket fan
manufacturers that testing has shown to accurately rate their products. A
good rule of thumb (again through testing) is that true cfm is roughly 100
times the continous current draw. As a side note, the 97-up Lincoln Mark
VIII fan has similar current requirements to the Viper fan; 100+ amps to
start and 35+ amps continous - it also flows 3500+ cfm. This info courtesy
of Steve at http://www.inccn.net/techforum.htm .