Re: Re: Viper fan wiring?

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 19:28:49 EDT

I assume you tried all of Bill's diagrams he has posted? :) And used his
diagram of where the shroud needs to be trimmed? :) Here's the diagram I used
that works very well: <A HREF="http://home.comcast.net/~billnis/dakota/viperwiring8.jpg">http://home.comcast.net/~billnis/dakota/viperwiring8.jpg>
My mistake is that I didn't follow his advise to use the relays from
waytekwire.com and used Mopar relays instead, which blow when high speed is used.
Here's the parts he used from <A HREF="www.waytekwire.com">www.waytekwire.com</A>
Relay: 75011Mounting Bracket: 75280Wire Connectors: 31073 (needed for the
above setup, these have a little tab that holds them put. I stated before that I
used these on the 12ga. Wire by soldering them, that didn=E2=80=99t work, I remember
now that I ended up using normal connectors that fit 12ga. wire and inserting
them after the relays were in place.)=C2 This relay has the mounting tab on it:
75012 (it can use regular connectors but everything is exposed.)=C2 Bill

Those relays are 50 amp NO and 20 amp NC. If you wire it to use the high
speed on the Normally Open contact (as per v.8 diagram), it will work fine. Use
10 gauge for the fan power and 16 ga. for the relay control.
Sorry it's not a step by step "how to" but it's fairly simple if your
mechanically inclined. If you have a Gen II, the water pump stud needs to be ground
off but there is no shroud trimming, unless you want it to sit closer to the
radiator then you need to trim a small peice off the bottom.
You said "so far it's an adventure". Does that mean you started the install
process but can't get it to work? What diagram are you using? Gen I or II?
Hope this helps,
James