Re: Re: leaking t-case, driveline maint.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 10:16:59 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> anyone have any thoughts on whether I should bother doing anything
> U-joint-wise since I'll be ripping things apart anyway? approaching
> 100k miles I'd think it wouldn't be a *bad* idea....

I would probably replace them... You're gonna have the shaft out anyway.
It'll probably make your life easier and be safer in the long run.

> and as long as I'm thinking about the drive line and u-joints, I'm sure
> someone has something to say about a drive shaft hoop. obviously a
> decent idea to have one, but all I know about them is conceptual. buy
> one or fab one? bolt on or weld on? how strong, how close can I get
> it to the drive shaft (if I snap it off while trying to high-center it
> doesn't do me much good), etc.

I've got one on my truck... I got it thru summit racing, before I got the
truck. It's a bolt in type. I think it was like 20-30 dollars. The one
that Iv'e got gives me about 1/2" of clearance all around the shaft.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L