Re: More Big Brother? Or is this OK?

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 19:38:40 EDT

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:31:11 -0700, Brian Tong <thedude807@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know the law, but it would seem to me there are privacy issues
> attached to this UNLESS the edr is disclosed. Much the way you have to
> be read your rights when you are arrested, or your statements won't hold
> in court. Did the guy in the Corvette know he was being monitored? But
> on the flip side of that...he DID know the posted legal speed limit, so
> really, he did know his rights. I think he's pretty much screwed.

I don't think knowing the EDR was there or not matters. Those laws apply to
audio recording devices. Most states now have no laws like that for video
recording. So I could legally videotape someone in a public bathroom
without them knowing and it would be legal unless it had audio to it. And
since it is evidence the police can claim it and process it.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile