RE: RE: V8 Throttle Bodies - 318 or 360 good deal

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 22:08:23 EDT

If the V8 throttle body has the same style linkage as your current TB ('96
and newer are the same) then you should only need (maybe, I'm not sure) the
V8 throttle cable. I'd try your V6 one first and if it works, you're home
free.

Contrary to popular belief, lowering the air-horns is not necessary. I
compared my stock one to a 50mm F&B last year at the track and there was no
difference in performance. (318 V8, 6000 rpm shifts, 13.70's @ 101 mph)

You can buy the K&N s-bolt for a ridiculous price or make your own for
pennies from a piece of threaded rod. Only takes a vice to bend it.

RayB