RE: RE: Re: RE: Last bit of V8 Throttle Body help

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 08:30:03 EDT

-----------
> Worthy of note is the fact that this adjustment only affects the part
> throttle shift points and kickdown points. Shifting at WOT is
> unaffected. <snip>
===========

Well Kyle, as I said, it was the Q&D method. Until the lever on the
transmission goes fully rearward, the adjustment most certainly *does*
affect WOT shift points. Been using this to adjust WOT shift points at the
track for years! With the Transgo kit in mine, WOT shift points could be
adjusted up to 6000 rpm. Before my latest cam that was too high so backing
off the adjustment a little got them down to where they did me the most
good.

Once the transmission lever can reach full rearward movement, more cable
adjustment won't raise the WOT shift points any further but will affect the
part throttle and kickdown shifts.

RayB