Brake rotors

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 10:39:36 EDT

Hey yall, I think my brake rotors are going out on me. When braking, truck vibrates a good bit, espeically when I get below 30mph. If I'm going slow, say 10-15mph, and lightly braking, you can feel the brakes grabbing, then letting go, then grabbing, etc. Am I right that this would be the rotors? If so, how difficult are they to replace? I have a hydraulic jack, stands, and all of the standard tools. Have done brakes once before, and that wasn't too difficult, but haven't done 'em on the dakota before.... Thought I might do 'em to save a trip to the shop. Suggestions on some good brakes and where to get 'em?

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L