Re: !@##%#&^#$*# shocks!!!

From: Brian Fitchett (fitchett@chem.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 14:16:57 EDT

that was pretty fun trying to compress those shocks in the rear, huh? It
all depends on the angle at which you puch them. the second one wasnt too
hard after i squirmed around a little bit get in the right position to push
and quickly stick the lower bolt in. all things considered the rear was
pretty easy except being upside down and those stupid heat shields. I did
see that my exhaust is rusted at all the welds and all the piping has a nice
coat. guess i should get all that taken care of... gotta love the salt.
also it looked like a brake line had melted a little bit, so i definately
need to get that fixed!

Brian

""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message

> <raymond.irons@gm.com> wrote in message
> > Josh?
> >
> > What shocks did you install? Do you think the lowering kit made a
> > difference in the difficulty of the install? I'm asking because I think
> > might need new shocks and I also just found out I need to have knee
> surgery
> > in the near future. I'm wondering if this is a job I want to tackle
myself
> > before I get my knee sliced and diced.
> >
> Ray,
>
> I put in the same ones as Brian, except that mine were actual monroe
> reflexes, not the napa rebranded ones (exactly the same). If i was you,
I'd