Re: !@##%#&^#$*# shocks!!!

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 17:17:26 EDT

I had the same problem... but I figured out that my generic, itty bitty, 75 ft-lb, 3/8 impact actually FIT BETWEEN the heatshield and the bed!!!! Job done!! The hardest part was rigging the coathanger to pull the trigger...

>>> jbattles@bankfinancial.com 07/14/03 08:53AM >>>
....Now i move onto the rears...the right side
was considerably harder, the upper bolt head was facing inside, with that
nut with the "tab" on it on the outside. ....but let me tell you that the exhaust heat shield as well as the pipes are blocking 90% of the access to this bolthead. ... thought about flipping the nut, but there's nothing for the tab to hold onto on the inside.....