!@##%#&^#$*# shocks!!!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 09:53:08 EDT

Well, First let me say that I'd like to never have to do these again. The
only one that wasn't too difficult was the FR, it just unbolted like it
should have. The LF on the other hand took about 3 hours and a trip to the
gas station for a 12-pack afterwards. For some ungodly reason, the nut
became bonded with the shaft of the shock... what's so weird about that you
might say??? well, an impact wouldn't move it, i tried to grab the shaft and
hold it in place and that wouldn't do it either. It also took me 3 cuts
with a nut splitter to get the darn thing off because of that little washer
that's attached to the nut. Grrr!!

Now i move onto the rears... the left side wasn't too bad other than the
fact that a 9 million pound gorilla installed these shocks. the right side
was considerably harder, the upper bolt head was facing inside, with that
nut with the "tab" on it on the outside. Now, that might seem pretty easy
to get at to you all, but let me tell you that the exhaust heat shield as
well as the pipes are blocking 90% of the access to this bolthead. To top
it all off i'm doing this in my driveway laying on my back under the truck
and have a spring perch looking me in the eyes. If there wasn't that tab on
the nut, i would have been able to go at it from the oustide with my impact
and been done. thought about flipping the nut, but there's nothing for the
tab to hold onto on the inside...

When everything was said and done i took it for a drive and immediately
noticed a difference. The difference became very apparent on the bumpy roads
on my way to work. I'm very pleased with these shocks! I'd recommend them
to anyone.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L