Re: Brakes, ABS and brake lights and salt air

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 18:11:49 EDT

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:24:50 -0400, Jeffery B. Denning
<jldenning@earthlink.net> wrote:

> My 99 spent 4th of July weekend on the beach in North Carolina, and so it
> was misted with often
> gale-force salt-laden sea breeze for 4 days. It got a major car wash
> before coming home, but now
> the emergency brake and ABS light stay illuminated after releasing the
> emergency brake. I don't
> think the brakes are dragging because it rolls fine and otherwise the
> brakes work normally. Any
> ideas on what's causing this?
>
> Also, every time I take my truck to the beach I worry that I'm setting it
> up for premature
> rusting. What do you all think about that? If you planned to keep your
> truck for years would
> you take into such a corrosive environment?
>
> Jef

Just wash it real good when you get home. Hose off the bottom. I think the
biggest problem you will have is with the bearings. Sand kills bearings.
But if you only go once and awhile, I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile