Brakes, ABS and brake lights and salt air

From: Jeffery B. Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 20:24:50 EDT

My 99 spent 4th of July weekend on the beach in North Carolina, and so it was misted with often
gale-force salt-laden sea breeze for 4 days. It got a major car wash before coming home, but now
the emergency brake and ABS light stay illuminated after releasing the emergency brake. I don't
think the brakes are dragging because it rolls fine and otherwise the brakes work normally. Any
ideas on what's causing this?

Also, every time I take my truck to the beach I worry that I'm setting it up for premature
rusting. What do you all think about that? If you planned to keep your truck for years would
you take into such a corrosive environment?

Jef