Re: RE: O/T land locate WAS slightly offtopic question - but still related to the DML

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 00:01:29 EDT

"RayB" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
:> -----Original Message-----
:> Where in Cocoa? It must have been pretty cheap land to want to buy it in
:> Cocoa?
:>
: What are you trying to say, Wayne? :-) The land (2 acres) is in Canaveral
: Groves, sorta on the north western edge of Cocoa. Motivation was proximity
: to drag strip, KRC, AAR, my brother and a number of other racing business
: owners. Besides, my wife loves Cocoa beach. ?? ;-) The street in front
: of our property runs east and west and is directly in line with a launch pad
: at Cape Canaveral where satellites are launched. Watched a lift-off one
: night and it was awesome! My brother and parents used to live in Melbourne
: Beach. Something new in the Melbourne area that makes it better than Cocoa?

   To get things even more off topic ;-) I used to go down to Cocoa
Beach every year to visit my Grandmother; she lived in a condo there.
My uncle still lives in Cocoa Beach - he has a nice ranch style on
one of the inland waterways. He can jump in his boat docked behind
his house and get to the ocean in 5-10 mins or so. I think Cocoa Beach
is a very nice area. My brother lives in West Palm Beach. Its decent,
but definitely more crowded and not as laid back as Cocoa Beach.

   When I was down visiting once, I was lucky enough to see a shuttle
launch at night (from the beach) - lit up the entire area like it was
day - and the noise was something else! Saw another shuttle launch out
the airplane window another time; pretty neat!

  So, what happens when you move down to Florida, Ray? Still coming
back to the Nats to beat up on everyone? :-) At this point, you could
probably take up a collection and get the other racers to pay a
sizeable portion of the down payment on your new house! ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'