RE: Re: Re: vibration thru steering wheel

From: Norah Bleazard (norah.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 18:17:12 EDT

I've recently had this exact same problem. Today my dealership replaced the
"Steering Column Intermediate Shaft" under warranty and all knocking while
braking and turning have ceased. They also managed to fix the flakey module
which controlled the power locks and security system. They replaced the
"Central Timing Module" and reprogrammed both keys, also under warranty.
This door problem drained the battery completely and I needed a boost just
to get to the dealership, so they also replaced the Factory Battery, under
warranty as well.

My only cost... sitting at the dealership for 4.5 hours and a return trip as
they forgot to enable the security system. Too bad I didn't discover this
until I got home and tried to secure the vehicle. Note to anyone who may
need this in the future... Take all you keys to the dealership and they all
need to be reprogrammed in the event of replacing the Central Timing Module.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)