Re: Re: head unit is fine, no continuity in wires

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 15:04:45 EDT

""Brian Tong"" <thedude807@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BAY2-F92Tol3TYlUFdt0000b943@hotmail.com...

> How did you get the wires into the doors? Any shortcuts? It's starting
> look like I'll be running wire. I just don't get it, what could I
possibly
> have disconnected/cut/screwed up?
>
> Sheesh. I'm just glad this is my own vehicle and not a customer.

Well, through creative use of a coat hanger and electrical tape I was able
to pull them through those little shorkel thingies that go from the door to
the cab. I mounted my amp under the dash (don't ask, lots of creativity
used here) and then ran the wires along the top of the carpet to the sides
of the truck, then back. there's a hole in the cab where you can pull the
stuff through. I had to actually remove the snorkels to find out where
everything went. You can also use a continuity tester to firure out which
wires go where. just clip one of the speaker leads, then touch all the
other ones in the radio opening and see where you get the noise and repeat
for each one...it's worked with good success for me in the past.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L