Gauges still not working, need some input.

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 18:52:25 EDT

Ok, so I'm trying to trace down my problem using the FSM prodecures with the
Gauge cluster not working.....

1) If indicator lamps operate, but none of the gauges operate go to Step 2
        That's exactly what's happening. Gauge lights come on, but none of
them work, so onto step 2

2) Check the Ignition-Off Drfaw (IOD) fuse in the junciton box. If OK, go
to Step 3.
        Yup, IOD fuse is good, so onto Step 3

3) Check for battery voltage at the IOD fuse in the junction box. If OK, go
to step 4.
        Well, don't have anything to check battery voltage with, but when I
put the FUSE back in, Dome light comes on, and radio works again (deck goes
off when pulling out the IOD fuse). going to Step 4

4) Disconnect & isolate battery neg. cable. Remove the instrument cluster.
Connect the battery neg. cable. Check for battery voltage at the fused B(+)
circuit cavity of the cluster wire harness connector. If OK< go to
Self-Diagnostic Test. If not OK, repair the open circuit to the IOD fuse as
required.
    Ok, this is where I'm stuck at now. Gauge cluster is out, no prob. But
I do not see the fused B(+) circuit cavity of the cluster wire harness
connector they are talking about. There's 2 wiring harness's in the back of
the gauge cluster that plugs into 2 wiring harness's, but I'm not sure what
exactly it's refering to on the fused B(+) circuit cavity HEEEELLLPPP!!!!
:-)

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L