RE: odd squeak

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 06:52:22 EDT

If it's coming from the front end...it could be ball joints, control arm(s),
swaybar bushings, steering coupler, or just needs some lubrication. The
body mounts don't normally squeak. If it's coming from the rear end...if
could be leaf spring pads (rubber pads in between the springs), leaf spring
bushings, or just needs a little lubrication.

With it being a '98 model, i'd bet it's in the front end and probably ball
joints. If you have zerk fittings on the ball joints, grease them and see
if the noise goes away...also, spray the end links and sway bar bushings
with some teflon or silicone spray and check the noise thereafter.

- Bernd