Re: Re: head unit is fine, no continuity in wires

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:33:57 EDT

Dude, this may have been said... You dud not screw anything up. The wired comming out od the back of the deck DO NOT LEAD TO THE SPEAKERS. They go to an amplifier, under the passenger kick panel, that, in turn, operates the speakers. you get no continuity because you aren't testing a speaker, you are testing the input leads on an amp.... If you want to bypass that Amp, you must run new wires. I decided just to keep using it...

>>> thedude807@hotmail.com 07/17/03 12:24PM >>>

How did you get the wires into the doors? Any shortcuts? It's starting to
look like I'll be running wire. I just don't get it, what could I possibly
have disconnected/cut/screwed up?

Sheesh. I'm just glad this is my own vehicle and not a customer.