RE: common flaws

From: Brian T. Carter (Brian.Carter@texian.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 15:37:32 EDT

No, I am not sure how tight the lug nuts are - that is a good suggestion
from both you and Andy. I will check it when I get home. In my own
defense, the last time they were put back on was by Discount Tire
(although I should always check their work).

It would make sense that it is due to overtorqing the lug nuts, but then
why would my over 3 100K+ miles cars/trucks never had a problem? I
treated them the same way and took the wheels off far more often.

I did follow a break-in procedure, but the one you mention wasn't the
one I read and followed.

Thanks,
BTC