Re: ATTN: '03 BBQ Caravan folks

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 18:37:38 EDT

On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 14:57 America/New_York, Josh Battles wrote:

> I like beer

that's a good, safe opinion to have =)

> Also, I hear that radar detectors are illegal in canada...

I don't know about all of Canada, but they sure are in ON.

> If I take mine
> off and hide it under the rear seat or something, they won't try and
> confiscate it will they?

I've never used my V1 there, but they couldn't smell it even if I
did... I've never been pulled over up there since the flow of traffic
at 85mph satisfies me, so I don't know their real 'thing', but I just
unplug it and leave it up. the signs coming in say use is illegal,
IIRC, not possession. I figure if I'm ever nabbed I can point to the
hanging power lead and hope Smokey was paying enough attention to have
not seen me reach up to unplug it.

my worthless ugly american 2¢

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech