Re: Re: Coke!

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 21:41:35 EDT

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:05:59 -0400, Punch <2punch.crash2000@AHM.com> wrote:

> "Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 13:07 America/New_York, Norah Bleazard
>> wrote:
>>
>> > what do you mean real sugar in coke? Coca-Cola Classic is real sugar
>> > isn't
>> > it?
>>
>> if you take a look at a state-side coke can, the second ingredient is
>> listed as "high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose". I *think* canuk
>> coke doesn't have the high fructose corn syrup option, and is pure,
>> real sugar. only IIRC, though....
>
> canuk coke has sugar/glucose-fructose.

Glucose, fructose, and sucrose are different types of sugar. Sucrose is
from sugar cane and fructose is found in fruit. Coke lists the high
fructose corn syrup and sucrose on their ingredients because they buy
whatever is cheaper. And perhaps in Canada, they don't use the corn syrup
in their product for whatever reason.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

http://www.granroyal.org/dakota

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile