RE: Re: Coke!

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 11:12:33 EDT

All of you make great points in the discussion. As a younger biker, I drank
so much Bud that I was convinced they would name a brewery in my honor. I
also gulped down Coke like it was going out of style. But luckily, with age
is some wisdom and I gave up both of those vices. I had weighed 230 pounds
at one time and I am far shy of 6 feet tall. As I approached my 50th
birthday, I asked myself, "how overweight should I be at 50?" I decided
that I should not be overweight at all by 50. I thought 50 years was long
enough to figure these matters. Thanks to Atkins and a great wife, I now
weigh about 165 and feel better than ever. My main drink is distilled
water, but my vice is an occasional caffeine free diet coke. You are right,
the sugar is killing all of us.

Rascal