Re: Re: ? about sitting truck

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 13:45:21 EDT

My experience with sitting vehicles, change oil again, pull off air cleaner
check for nests etc..charge battery a little and of course dont just take
off in it, give it a lap around the block etc.

My father and I both have '95 v6 that routinely sit(not a period of 2 years
mind you, but long enough to get critter buildup with both exceeding the
100k mile mark etc..) and definitely a drain of oil out of the valve train
and a settling in the oil pan. A good suggestion, if you have time and
funds to do it, pull off the oil pan and check sump for clogged spots etc
and put a new pan gasket on, just to make sure you dont have any metal build
up in the pan that can clog the sump filter. The sludge in my pan is what
wasted my motor (purchased used and never checked the pan out). I had about
115k on it when that happened. new motor has about 35k on it.

Hope everything is good.

Bill Day

billday@consolidated.net
AIM - BadManD73