Re: Re: Coke!

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 19:36:29 EDT

Propel!
Made by the makers of Gatorade, it's "Fitness Water."
It's the first drink of it's kind (water-based, clear,
electrolyte-fortified) that I've found that tastes great. I drink it and/or
Gatorade almost exclusively in the summer.
In fact, I probably drink Propel more than Gatorade now, simply because it's
more convienent in a 16oz. bottle, rather than the two-quart ones Gatorade
comes in. (I know you can get smaller bottles of Gatorade too, but I usually
don't, as the two-quart size is usually a better deal).

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com
""DaPurpleRT"" <dapurplert@dakota-durango.com> wrote in message

> Jon,
>
> Aside from water, what other non-carbonated drinks have you found???
>
> -Ryan

Coke
> > : has pretty much the same number of calories (450) as the greasy
> > : hamburger or the deep fried french fries. Just take a look at the fact
> > : that we've gone from 8 ounce bottles of soda to 20 ounces and they're
> > : getting even bigger. Then add the trend in "energy" drinks that have
> > : even MORE calories per ounce and you've got to wonder. I know I feel a
> > : whole lot more full after a quarter-pounder than after a large Coke.
If
> > : I'm going to down 450 calories, I at least want to have something of
> > : substance in my stomach.
> >

> >   You probably have something there...  The caffine certainly doesn't
> > help either, and they are loaded with carbs (mostly from the sugar,
> > I would guess).  I drink a lot of it - have been known to down a 2 liter
> > at a sitting ;-) but recently I have tried to stop drinking caffinated
> > beverages (not to go on a diet or anything, just because I figured
> > drinking all that caffine couldn't be good for me) and have lost around
> > 10 lbs without any other dietary or excersize changes.
> >
> >   Dak content: Its still a good post-BBQ alternator cleaner.  ;-)
> >

> > --
> >
> >                                               -Jon-
> >
> >  .---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or
> jon@jonsteiger.com ------.
> >  |  I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA.    Rec & UL Pilot -
SEL

> >  | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96
FireFly