Re: Re: Coke!

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 09:35:41 EDT

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:32:11 +0000 (UTC), <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

> "J Wynia" <jwynia@pragmapool.com> wrote:
>
> : I've been saying for years that the real cause of America's obesity
> : problem is Coke and other soft drinks with sugar in them. Everybody
> : seems to be blaming the snack foods, but, given how much soda most
> : people drink, that's the real problem. Compare the number of calories
> in
> : a McDonald's meal with a quarter-pounder, fries and large Coke. The
> Coke
> : has pretty much the same number of calories (450) as the greasy
> : hamburger or the deep fried french fries. Just take a look at the fact
> : that we've gone from 8 ounce bottles of soda to 20 ounces and they're
> : getting even bigger. Then add the trend in "energy" drinks that have
> : even MORE calories per ounce and you've got to wonder. I know I feel a
> : whole lot more full after a quarter-pounder than after a large Coke. If
> : I'm going to down 450 calories, I at least want to have something of
> : substance in my stomach.
>

> You probably have something there... The caffine certainly doesn't help
> either, and they are loaded with carbs (mostly from the sugar, I would
> guess). I drink a lot of it - have been known to down a 2 liter
> at a sitting ;-) but recently I have tried to stop drinking caffinated
> beverages (not to go on a diet or anything, just because I figured
> drinking all that caffine couldn't be good for me) and have lost around
> 10 lbs without any other dietary or excersize changes.

Caffeine is good for shedding weight. Gets that metabolism up and running.
You can't blame the food you eat for being fat. It's the ammount you
consume. You can just drink coke and eat ho-ho's if you wanted and not gain
weight if you keep the total number of calories down. Sure, you're teeth
would fall out and you'd prolly die from scurvy. :P I used to live on a jug
of iced tea when I worked my summer job as a teenager. No breakfast, drank
iced tea laiden with sugar all day and had some dinner when I got home. I
usually lost 10 pounds over the summer. I'mm still getting my teeth drilled
though. :)

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

http://www.granroyal.org/dakota

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner (soon to be installed) Sony P5 8" Subwoofer (soon to be installed) Q-custom Enclosure (soon to be installed) Business Consoile