Re: Anyone going to be late for the 03 BBQ?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 22:50:42 EDT

andy levy <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote:

: Jason Bleazard wrote:
[...]
:> Actually, Friday isn't late. It doesn't start until Friday. The rest
:> of us have just invited ourselves over early and Jon's too nice to tell
:> us to buzz off :-). We'll look forward to seeing you on Friday some time.
:>
: We have an offical start day? I always figured people just sort of
: graviated toward Jon's house that week and things happened as folks arrived.

   Yep - its a migratory thing - after you've been on the DML long
enough, there is an instinctual urge to head to DML HQ around this time
of the year - some folks just wake up in the shop and don't even remember
how they got here. It affects some DMLers more than others. ;-)

: As for "seeing you on Friday sometime", David, if it looks like we're
: there but not actually around the barn, Adam's probably doing something
: stupid in the pit and we're all placing bets on what he'll break, so
: roll on down, just please stay to the side of the airstrip. We won't
: have a schedule by any stretch of the imagination, so we could be anywhere.

  Yep, if we actually leave, we'll tape a note to the shop door
saying where we went and about what time we'll get back. I'm
not sure if we'd leave or not, thought I would mention that
just in case (not sure what we are planning to do for
lunch/dinner on Friday yet) ;-) So anyway, if you don't
see a note but nobody is around, we are out on the trails or
at the mud pit. If we hit the trails or the pit before you
get here, we will leave a map and an FRS radio in a prominent
location inside the shop - that should be enough to get in
touch with us. :-) If we are at the pit, it should be
fairly obvious, you should be able to see the trucks from
the shop. (Follow the screams...) ;-)

  Oh, speaking of the map and such, I frivilously wasted a bunch
of shop cleaning time making up a few directional signs to put
at various crossroads in the woods - should help people to know
where they are at and where they are going, especially if an
experienced BBQer isn't around to lead the way. I still have to
make some posts for them and put them in the woods, but maybe
I will leave that for Thursday and have the "prep crew" help me
with that so I can spend the next couple of days trying to get
the shop halfway presentable. :-) The signs are pretty crappy,
but I have never made them before, was in a HUGE rush, and figured
that folks flying by them "Adam Style" probably wouldn't notice
too much. ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'