BBQ prep

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 23:01:23 EDT

I'm getting a list of stuff for my friend Eric to bring with him since
this is his first time 4-wheeling (he'll be a rider) and thought it
might help folks on the list who haven't been before if I toss it out here.

* Boots or other mud/water-approved footwear. You will get at least a
little muddy. Leave the penny loafers and wingtips at home.
* Camera and film/memory cards.
* Video camera (if you have one) and plenty of tape. Spare battery or
an inverter for in the truck can't hurt - based on past BBQs, we could
be out on the trail all afternoon.
* Bug spray
* Long pants/other defense against poison ivy. Jon says there's poison
ivy out there.
* Sunscreen. You will get a nasty sunburn hanging out by the pit.
* Hat
* Sunglasses
* Water-containment device. Take water on the trail.
* Trail snacks
* Lawnchair - for kickin' back at the barn.
* Work gloves.
* Anything else you think you may need for or after walking around in
the muddy woods.

For those of you actually getting your trucks dirty:
* Rubber floormats
* Tire pressure gauge (we should have plenty around but if you have one
you like & trust, bring it)
* I've heard baby oil in a spray bottle, sprayed onto the rims & frame,
can make mud removal much easier.
* Recovery point. If you don't at least have a ClassIII hitch on the
back of your truck, you need one in case you get stuck. Front tow hooks
are bonus.
* Some way to attach a tow strap to said recovery point. The Receiver
Shackle Bracket on
http://products.warn.com/warn.nsf/pages/TruckProducts.Accessories.Rigging.html
works great (make sure you have the hitch pin too, it helps a little).
* If you ahve recovery gear, please bring it.
* Whatever tools you want to bring. Jon has just about everything but
generally we don't take his stuff on the trail. If you normally take
tools on the trail, bring 'em.
* Please, make sure your air intake is reasonably protected from
splashing water - or just don't go into the pit very fast. Too many
people have inhaled water.

This in addition to whatever else you'd take on an overnight
trip/camping trip.

Weather.com says rain Wednesday and Thursday, so things could be sloppy.
  Then again, we thought that last year and it was very dry. Didn't
stop us from breaking lots of stuff.

Any questions, additions, cries of "that's stupid" welcomed.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------