Re: BBQ prep

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 08:45:04 EDT

Just a couple of my own opinions to add...

andy levy said:

> * Recovery point. If you don't at least have a ClassIII hitch on the
> back of your truck, you need one in case you get stuck. Front tow hooks
> are bonus.

I'd personally put more emphasis on having solid recovery points on both
front and rear. I know a front recovery point is inconvenient and
expensive on a Dakota, but if you can swing it, DO. Remember the "longest
100 yards" that took what, 3.5 hours to get through? Would have been 10
minutes if everyone would have had front hooks. As it was, we had to
screw around for hours pulling people backwards so that they could drive
right through the same point where they got stuck in the first place.

> * Some way to attach a tow strap to said recovery point. The Receiver
> Shackle Bracket on

Those brackets are nice, but if you don't feel like spending the money,
you can just put a 2" tow strap right in a hitch receiver.
(Unfortunately, I don't think the "tank straps" work with this method, but
regular straps do.)

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/straps/DCP_1248.jpg

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario