Re: next Dakota purchase

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 09:51:33 EDT

"andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote in message
news:bfa64n$f4b$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Josh Battles wrote:
>
> > I get almost 21 mpg on the highway now... less wind resistance i guess.
> > can't wait until i get that bedcover.
>
> Actually, that's a little disappointing to me. Unless you're talking
> about really high speeds. At 65 MPH I pull 19 even (calculated, not
> from the overhead computer). Then it starts dropping - 17-18 when I
> drive in the 70-75 MPH range.
>
> --
> -andy

I was actually tickled pink. That 21 mpg was with about 400# of gear in the
bed, 2 people and travelling at about 85 - 90 mph to detroit and back. At
65 I'll get closer to 23 - 24 mpg, but I can't bring myself to drive that
slow. I don't have cruise or the willpower necessary.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L