Re: question on holley fuel pump 12-922

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 23:01:27 EDT

I have always been unnder the assumption that everything for the 15 gallon
tank was the same as the 22gallon. My '96 cam with the 15 gallon and I
switched over to the larger tank. Everything fit perfectly fine and have
never had any problems with the sending unit or such. I have had it like
this for nearly 30k so I think it would have shown up by now.

BTW, the two tanks were basically identical. Where they got the extra
capacity was a bump out on one end and the top was bulged higher on each
side of where the fuel pump installed into the tank. On the top of the 15
gallon tank it was flat. The fuel pump sits at the same exact depth on
either tank so that was never an issue even though the bucket on the lower
half of the pump was self adjusting to varying depths.

I have looked at part numbers a few times to make sure everything was right
and never found different numbers (could have missed it but doubt it).

Also, the fuel pump form a '95 will not work with a '96 or vise versa due to
the design. The pump themselves are the same but the mounting collar at the
top of the tank is different. The '95, and mostl likely several years before
use a device that looks like an oversized hose clamp where the '96 (possibly
newer too) use a twist on colloar as part of the fuel pump assembly. The
fuel regualtor/ sending unit is a little bit of a pita to replace but
nothing too difficult (replacing it is how I didn't find differnt part
numbers for the two tanks).

Jeff Durling