rear tow hooks

From: Jeffery B. Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 22:45:40 EDT

yesterdays BBQ/tow hook thread has me itching to come up with a new tow hook solution.

I've got a class III hitch, and am wondering if I could safely attach shackles to the
square-section cross piece? I'm thinking that drilling holes and bolting through the cross piece
would compromise it's strength. What do you all think? Alternatively, welding them on would be
OK, right? I've been using the tank strap end in the receiver method, but I want a more
traditional attachment point, (hook or shackle), and I want two of 'em.

Jef

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing pics from the bbq romp in the woods. Have fun.