Re: Magnum camshaft

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 10:04:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/2003 9:48:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bpracing@worldnet.att.net writes:

> I dunno Bill, I guess it's because I was responding to a question about a
> 318 (which has no valve reliefs in the pistons) concerning a new cam which
> has much more lift than stock (as do most aftermarket cams). The 1.7's just
> might cause some clearance issues in that application. Besides, if one's
> going to change cams, why not choose the lift and duration desired instead
> of crutching it up with higher lift rockers?

In my case, because I got a killer deal on the rockers and already had the
cam. I liked the numbers with that cam and the 1.7's.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'03 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi Off-Road
'95 Dakota CC 4x2 - under construction