Re: O/T: windows 0/linux 1

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 14:57:47 EDT

Punch wrote:
> well on a whim, i completly deleted windows and am running linux, so far so
> good.
>
> anyone recomend some programs for mail, news, ftp, web?

Depends on which desktop you're running. For KDE, check out KMail,
KNews and Konqueror (Konq does FTP I'm pretty sure - check out IOSlaves
in general). FTP I usually use(d) ncftp at the command line.

Mozilla's always a good choice for mail/news/web.

On Gnome, I hear Evolution is good for mail, Galeon or Ethereal for web
(both use the Mozilla engine).

Of course you can mix & match between K and G.