Re: Durango Ball Joint complaint

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 10:53:53 EDT

"andy levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bfmbpq$d7a$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Can't disagree. But balljoints should not be failing at the rate that
> Dak and D owners have been observing, regardless of the severity of the
> failure. Quick show of hands - how many Gen-III owners (2001 and older,
> 2002s and 2003s haven't been around long enough to fail yet) have *not*
> had to replace some number of balljoints? I replaced the uppers on my
> '99 (well, dealer did).

I've had my balljoints replaced 3 times (under warranty - before the 36k
miles) and it's looking like I'm gonna have to do them another time yet.
There's a crack starting at the bottom of one of the lower boots... Maybe
I'll write a letter to the NTHSA to see if dakotas can get included in that
recall as well.... hey, maybe we should all write letters...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L