Re: Design flaws or just things I am noticing since this is my first

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 13:45:15 EDT

Ok, I know that I'm a little behind... I wasn't keeping up at the BBQ like
some - Adam.

I've got a 2000 CC with a V6 as well... The best highway mileage that I'd
ever seen was about 21, but since I've done the superchips flash, I got an
average of 23.7 for my trip to the BBQ and back, with the majority of that
being at over 80mph. The lowering helped my mileage a little bit as well...

As far as the bouncing goes, the lowering helped that a bit as well, but I
think the thing that helped me the most was the addition of my lakewood
traction bars. they helped to control the bouncing a whole lot. I've heard
that the roadmaster does wonders as well though.

congrats on the purchase and let's see some pics!!!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<james.zito@ps.ge.com> wrote in message news:71AA4AB07F8AD4118B6900508BE3A66D0DB6648E@nyschx17psge.sch.ge.com... > > OK have been mostly lurking for a while but I guess it's time to ask some > questions. > > Vehicle 2003 Dakota Club Cab 2WD V-6, purchased in Jan has almost 11k on the > clock. > > a. Although the AC does blow cold it feels like there is almost no air > coming out of the outboard driver's side vent, the other 3 vents blow LARGE > volumes of air. > > 2. The truck handles very badly when traversing lumpy roads. It nearly > went sideways when I took the 287 exit of 95 south. The bumps seem to > override my steering input. This is the only vehicle I have driven that has > this behavior. > > iii. The mileage is terrible. Best tank of gas was 20 mpg doing 80 on > cruise control on the NJ turnpike. Generally getting 16-17 mpg lately has > dropped to about 15mpg. Is this just because the truck is set up to operate > about 500 rpm under the torque peak? Or is the engine just that > underpowered for the weight of the truck. > > Jim > no cute signature line yet