Re: tires

From: John (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 17:03:12 EDT

No trimming and I have not touched the torsion bars. Keep in mind my tires
are 10.5" wide instead of the traditional 12.5" wide like you generally see
on 32-33" tires. Minimal rubbing, in my mind, is rubbing that only occurs at
full lock and does not interfere with the turning radius. There is slightly
more rubbing when the suspension is compressed, but not enough to limit
turning radius. I had polished spots on my frame with the factory
31X10.5X15's though I never heard, nor felt, them rub. Here are a couple of
pictures with the 33's.

http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/Dak-33-1.jpg
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/Dak-33-2.jpg

John

<snip>
no trimming for 33s? this flies in the face of everything I've
heard.... what is minimal in your mind? have you cranked your torsion
bars at all?

as an aside, I noticed some clean spots on my frame today. I guess at
full lock on the bump stop my 30x9.5s will even rub a bit... having
only one front shock made that a more common occurrence than usual
today =)
<unsnip>